411 West Main Street
Stanford, KY 40484
The brick home was built in 1856 for a local banker's residence. Around the turn of the century the building was used as a boarding house and was given the name of "The Brass Belle".
In 1941 Gatewood and Pearl Beazley purchased the house and converted it into a funeral home. Pearl Beazley owned and operated the funeral home, along with the occasional partners, for 45 years. The funeral home closed in 1985 due to Mrs. Beazley's retirement.
In 1998 the Spurlin family purchased the house from the Beazley heirs in order to return the old home to funeral home. After several months of renovation and the addition of a new, spacious chapel, the Spurlin Funeral home has been in operation since January 1999. The Spurlin Family is proud to be Stanford's only locally owned and operated funeral home.